Did you buy a brand new laptop and due to some mistakes you got scratches on the aluminum laptop? Well, there is nothing more terrible situation than this. As the inflation rate is increasing every year and it is also affecting laptop prices, it’s very important to keep your laptop safe from minor or deep scratches.
In this article, we will discuss how to remove minor and deep scratches from an aluminum laptop. After reading this detailed article, you will be able to remove scratches from your aluminum laptop completely.
Read More: How To Clean Laptop Screen & Keyboard At Home?
Note: Minor scratches are easily removable and you can remove them by reading this article, but it is difficult to remove the deep scratches completely. Although you can minimize the deep scratches but cannot remove them completely.
We have discussed how you can remove scratches from the laptop touchpad, screen, and the backside of the laptop, so if you get scratches on any part of the laptop you don’t have to worry anymore. We have a complete solution for you.
Also, it is impossible to protect the laptop from scratches, so due to some mistakes if you got scratches on your aluminum laptop then you don’t have to worry about it.
We are here to assist you on how you can remove minor and deep scratches from your aluminum laptop.
Read More: How To Remove Laptop Stickers Without Damaging Them?
Follow the below-mentioned methods to remove scratches from your aluminum laptop.
What Sort Of Scratches You Can Have On Your Laptop?
There are two types of scratches that you might have on your hp aluminum laptop.
These types of scratches are dealt with some surface scratches which can be easily removed by using the scratch remover, toothpaste, baking soda, or micro fiberglass.
Here are the 3 ways to remove minor scratches from aluminum laptops:
1: By Using Baking Soda
2: By Using Toothpaste
3: By Using Scratch Remover
Remove Minor Scratches From HP Aluminum Laptop Using Baking Soda:
Using baking soda to remove scratches from your aluminum laptop is one of the best and easiest home remedies for doing this job in an easy way.
- Actually, baking soda is a powder-type substance you have to take a bowl and pour some water into it.
- Always take half water and then baking soda.
- Add two spoons of baking soda to the bowl if you pour one spoon of water.
- Using this ratio (two spoons of soda & one spoon of water) will give you the best thickness of the paste which will be more effective for removing scratches.
- Then take a soft microfiber (or linen) cloth and take a bit of paste on it.
- Then Rub that cloth softly on the scratched area in a circular motion.
When you do this process for a few seconds, you will see a decrease in scratches, then clean up the dried portion with a wet cloth.
Quick Video of Removing Scratches From Laptop:
Remove Minor Scratches From An Aluminum Laptop Using Toothpaste:
Like baking soda, toothpaste is also an easy home remedy for removing scratches from an aluminum laptop, it is very cost-efficient.
Read More: What To DO If You Spill Water On Laptop?
To use toothpaste for removing scratches follow these steps:
- Clean the desired portion with a soft microfiber or linen cloth.
- Paste some toothpaste on the scratches.
- Rub the toothpaste on minor scratches in a circular motion for a few seconds.
- Then, wipe out the toothpaste with a clean cloth.
- Dry the surface with a dry cloth.
You will definitely notice that the extremely minor scratches are removed.
Remove Minor Scratches From The Aluminum Laptop Using Scratch Remover:
To remove minor scratches from aluminum laptops scratch remover is the best option. All you have to do is to buy a scratch remover for the laptop and then follow the below steps:
- Take a soft linen cloth and clean the surface with it.
- Put some scratch remover paste on the surface.
- Rub the paste softly in a circular motion as mentioned above.
- Take a soft cloth and dry the surface with it.
You will definitely see that minor scratches remove.
As we have discussed the 3 methods of removing minor scratches from aluminum laptops now we will discuss how to remove deep scratches from laptops.
Let’s first know what are deep scratches, they are the scratches that are in your laptop body and it is very hard to remove completely these types of scratches, but we can minimize their prominence using these methods.
Here are the 3 best ways for removing deep scratches from the laptop.
1: By using Metal Polish
2: By using Plastic Polish
3: By using a Silver Pencil/Pen
Remove Deep Scratches From The Aluminum Laptop Using Plastic Polish:
To remove or minimize the deep scratches from the aluminum laptop you have to buy the plastic polish after buying the plastic polish you have to follow these steps.
- Take a dish and create a solution using water and plastic polish.
- Then take a soft linen cloth and clean the surface area.
- Then clean the laptop surface with the solution you have created.
- Dry the surface area thoroughly with the help of a dry cloth.
- Don’t clean harshly because it will harm your laptop.
After cleaning and drying the surface you will notice the minimization of scratches.
Remove Deep Scratches From Aluminum Laptop Using Metal Polish:
If you don’t see minimization in scratches using plastic polish then you should try Metal Polish. You have to buy a high-quality metal polish because this polish is made for different metals such as copper, aluminum, stainless steel, and bronze.
Metal polish is available in the form of paste all you have to do is clean the surface before using it and then rub the polish on the laptop surface. Rub it properly on the surface and then clean it with a microfiber cloth. This is a protective measure, so it’s going to prevent further scratches on your laptop.
Remove Scratches From Aluminum Laptop Using Silver Pencil/Pen:
If your scratches are very deeper and it is not removed by using polish then another way of removing scratches from your aluminum laptop is by using a Silver Pen.
You have to buy a silver pen/pencil as It was specifically created for marking blueprints. It is necessary to draw on the scratches and then rub them using a balm or a piece of a soft cloth. You can make use of your fingers. After doing this process wait for 15-20 minutes you will see the minimization of scratches.
Final Thoughts On Removing Scratches From Aluminum Laptop:
We have discussed all the possible ways to remove scratches from an aluminum laptop, we hope that your problem is solved now by trying out the above-mentioned methods.
Keeping your laptops away from scratches is a very difficult task you have to care for it. So that’s why we are suggesting you use laptop bags, backpacks, and sleeve cases that are best for keeping your laptops away from scratches.
Also, you can protect your laptop from scratches by cleaning it regularly and keeping it away from dirty places.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to remove scratches from laptop touchpad?
To remove scratches from the aluminum laptop touchpad you have to follow these steps:
- Take a very small amount of toothpaste.
- Put a very small drop of toothpaste on the pad.
- Rub the toothpaste on the pad with your finger in a circular motion.
- Once you have removed the scratch, wipe off any excess toothpaste from the pad with a dry cloth.
- Run some cleaning cloths over it to remove any leftover paste and clean off any dirt that came up while cleaning the scratch.
How to remove scratches from a laptop screen?
Scratches on a laptop screen can be annoying. This is especially true if the scratches have interfered with your ability to see clearly on your laptop screen.
Removing these scratches can be a serious annoyance and cause additional stress in your life.
That’s why it’s so important that you follow some of the tips below and learn how to remove scratches from the laptop screen.
1. Power off your laptop and unplug any cables that are connected to the computer.
2. Wipe the laptop screen using a microfiber cloth to remove any dust or debris that may be on the screen.
3. Dampen a cotton ball with white vinegar. White vinegar is mildly acidic and will help remove scratches from plastic surfaces without damaging them. Wipe the cotton ball over scratches on the laptop screen to gently remove them
4. Turn on the laptop and inspect it for scratches again. If there are still scratches, dampen another cotton ball.
How to keep your laptop safe from scratches?
Laptops are vulnerable to scratches, especially laptops that are made of aluminum. You can keep your laptop safe from scratches and other damages if you take care of it properly. You can use Laptop Skins Cover for protecting your laptop from minor and deep scratches.