Importance of Laptop Screen & Keyboard:
How to clean the laptop screen and keyboard at home? This is the question of almost every laptop user because when we use our laptop like our other belongings it gets dirty over time and to use it smoothly we need to clean our laptop.
In this article, we will discuss how we can clean our laptop screen and keyboard at home safely without damaging them. After reading this complete article, you will be able to clean the laptop screen and keyboard at your home easily.
Nowadays a laptop is the need of every person just like the mobile, so we should keep it clean like our other belongings. Many people use a laptop and don’t clean it for a long time, this will cause damage to the laptop, In order to use the laptop for a long time in a smooth way, we should keep it clean.
The laptop’s most sensitive part is the screen of a laptop, we should clean it on regular bases to avoid any disaster.
Read More: How To Remove Scratches From Laptop?
After the screen of the laptop there comes the keyboard of the laptop which becomes dirty very fast, because we use it most of the time after the mouse, so to clean it properly is very important.
As cleaning the laptop screen and keyboard at home is not a big deal we can clean it easily, but we have to take some precautions before cleaning it because a laptop is an electronic gadget and its touch screen and keyboard is a sensitive part so have to take care for it.
In this article, we will discuss the easiest and simplest ways of cleaning a laptop screen and keyboard at home safely. So, let’s start.
Keep in mind these things before cleaning the touch screen of the laptop:
Important Tips Before Cleaning Laptop Screen:
- Make sure your laptop is shut down.
- The cloth you are using to clean the laptop screen must be clean.
- Always use a microfiber cloth to clean the screen.
- Don’t apply much force while cleaning because it can damage the screen.
- Don’t use any chemicals for cleaning the touch screen.
How To Keep Laptop Screen Clean:
The laptop screen gets dirty very fast and keeping it always clean is a little bit difficult, but you can keep it clean by using these tricks.
- Don’t touch the screen when your hands are dirty.
- Keep a microfiber cloth always beside your laptop to clean it regularly.
- When you are not using the screen then always cover it.
Here are the 4 best ways for cleaning the laptop screen:
Clean Laptop Screen With Microfiber Cloth:
In order to clean the laptop screen with microfiber cloth you have to follow these steps:
- Unplug your charger and shut down your laptop.
- Check all visible smudges and dirt particles on the screen.
- Then wipe all the dirt particles using a dry and clean microfibre cloth.
- Don’t put much pressure on the screen when cleaning it.
- After cleaning with a microfiber cloth check if the dirt particles & smudges are removed.
- If you still see the dirt on the screen then use a cleaner recommended (Screen Wipe Cleaner).
- Apply the cleaner on a microfiber cloth and start cleaning it from the center.
- Clean the laptop screen in a circular motion for a few seconds.
- Make sure you completely wipe out the dirt from the corners of the laptop.
Clean Laptop Screen With Water:
You can clean the laptop screen with water easily, all you have to do is take a microfiber cloth and pour some water on it then wipe out all the dust by moving the cloth in a circular motion.
Don’t forget to turn off the laptop and don’t put much pressure on the screen while cleaning it, because it can damage the screen.
Clean Laptop Screen With Sanitizer:
In case water, cleaner, and microfiber cloth are unable to clean the screen properly then you can use this way to clean it completely
You have to buy a sanitizer and then follow these steps:
- Take a microfiber cloth or a piece of tissue paper.
- Put a small amount of sanitizer on it.
- As sanitizer has alcohol in high volume (which can cause discoloration) so don’t take too much amount on the cloth.
- Then rub the cloth softly on the screen for a few seconds in a circular motion.
As we have discussed the ways for cleaning the laptop screen now we will discuss how to clean the laptop keyboard at home safely without damaging it:
How To Clean Laptop Keyboard At Home:
As long as we use the laptop keyboard some dust stocks in it which can slow down the system, so we have to clean it on regular bases.
Before cleaning the laptop keyboard, turn the keyboard upside down and shake it slowly for a few seconds, by doing this some major dust particles are removed and it will be easy for you to further clean it.
By following these methods you will easily clean the laptop keyboard at home.
Use Earbud & Alcohol to Clean Laptop Keyboard:
- Take an earbud that has some cotton on it then pour some drops of isopropyl alcohol on it.
- Then leave the earbud for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After 2 minutes rub the earbud softly on the keyboard.
- Don’t put much pressure on while cleaning the keyboard because alcohol can go inside the gadget which can harm it.
- After cleaning the keyboard take a clean cloth and wipe out the liquid that is left on it.
Don’t pour any kind of liquid directly onto the gadget it can harm the gadget.
Use Soft Brush To Clean Laptop Keyboard:
You can use a soft brush to clean the laptop keyboard, here are some recommended soft brushes for cleaning the keyboard.
1: OXO Soft Brush
2: OXO All In One Brush.
Use Face Wipe To Clean Keyboard:
When we press the keys of our keyboard with our fingers some dust stocks in the keys which can later go inside it. Which can stop it from working.
Another way of cleaning the keyboard is by using the face wipe.
Take a face wipe and rub it softly on the keyboard until all the dirt removes.
Bottom Line Of Cleaning Laptop Screen & Keyboard At Home:
In order to run the laptop for a long time, it is necessary to keep it clean on regular bases. People who clean their laptop screen and keyboard without reading any suggestions can damage their laptops.
You can follow the above-mentioned methods to clean the laptop screen and keyboard at home safely without damaging them.
Kindly follow the guidelines carefully to keep them safe because laptops are very expensive and your small mistake can ruin them.
Many people don’t clean their laptops for a long time and as the result, they damage their expensive laptops, that’s why we recommend you to clean them properly on regular bases to avoid any disaster.
After reading this article, we hoped that you have successfully cleaned the laptop screen and keyboard safely without damaging them.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How To Clean Fingerprints Off Laptop Screen?
Your laptop screen is one of the most delicate parts of your computer, and you need to take care of it. If you’ve ever touched a laptop screen, then you know that it’s easy for fingerprints to get onto the surface.
The good news is that cleaning your laptop screen isn’t very difficult at all.
If you have smudges on your laptop screen, you can use some simple steps to remove them.
Wipe down the screen with a microfiber cloth. Use distilled water if possible, or plain water that has been boiled for a few minutes and cooled down completely. This will help avoid streaks from being left behind on the screen after you clean it.
Use a dry cotton swab to gently wipe off any remaining smudges that are on the screen. The swab should be dry so that you don’t leave behind any lint or fuzz from the cotton ball itself.
How To Clean Laptop Exterior?
To clean the exterior of the laptop you have to follow these steps:
Clean the Keyboard:
- To clean the keyboard, first, turn off your laptop and unplug it from power.
- Next, wipe down the keys with a damp cloth or soft brush (one for each key) dipped in mild soap and warm water.
- Dry each key off with a paper towel and then use a can of compressed air to blow out any remaining moisture from underneath the keys.
Clean the Screen:
The screen is probably the most important part of your laptop, so it’s important to keep it clean for optimal performance and longevity.
- Use a microfiber cloth or a lint-free cloth from electronics stores to wipe down the screen after each use.
- If you’re using an LCD screen, don’t spray liquid directly onto it; instead, spray some cleaner onto the cloth and then wipe it across the screen.
- Make sure that you’re cleaning the inside of your laptop as well — laptops give off heat while they’re turned on, so dust can build up inside of them over time as well!.
Clean up spills right away! Spills happen, but they can lead to permanent damage if left untreated for too long — especially if you’ve spilled liquids like coffee or soda on your keyboard or other components!.