Is your Samsung laptop giving you a tough time like hanging, freezing, overheating, and so on when you use it or you just have forgotten your Samsung laptop password and are not able to recover it?
If yes, then don’t worry we have a complete solution to this problem. You know very well no one wants to use a slow laptop, it’s a very annoying situation when you are using your laptop and especially doing some important work and it starts freezing and hanging.
Apart from freezing, hanging, and overheating problems if you face any storage running errors or your Samsung laptop is facing different kinds of errors, the simplest way to get rid of all these problems is to “factory reset the Samsung laptop”.
Usually, most laptop users don’t have much knowledge about solving the problems they face while using their laptops.
And when they face problems like hanging, freezing, and overheating then they ask the question “how to factory reset Samsung laptop?”.
You are not alone who wants to factory reset your Samsung laptop, there are many people who are searching to “how to reset the Samsung laptop” and make it fast again.
Read More: Fix Samsung Laptop Touchpad Not Working.
As many people are searching for this problem, that’s why we are writing this article in order to help all those Samsung laptop users who need a solution to this problem.
Factory resetting the Samsung laptop is the best solution to improve the overall performance of your laptop but many users don’t have enough knowledge of it.
3 Best Ways To factory Reset Samsung Laptop:
In this article, we will discuss the 3 best ways of factory resetting the Samsung laptop that will help you to improve the performance of your laptop also if you lost your laptop password then there is the only way to use your laptop is by factory resetting it.
But before we start discussing the 3 ways of factory resetting the Samsung laptop let us first tell you the reasons why you should factory reset your Samsung laptop.
Read More: What Are The Best Laptops Brands?
5 Reasons Why You Need To Factory Reset Your Samsung Laptop:
It is necessary to know the reasons why you should factory reset your Samsung laptop because you should only factory reset your Samsung laptop when it needs to be reset.
Here are the main 5 reasons for factory resetting the Samsung laptop:
1. The first possible reason for factory resetting your laptop is that you want to sell your laptop to someone and want to get one new for your use.
Then in this case you need to factory reset your laptop so that you delete all the important files and your data(make sure to take a backup of your data) before selling it to the buyer.
2. The next possible reason for factory resetting the Samsung laptop is that you are facing some bugs and errors in your laptop that are disturbing to you.
Although, you can install antivirus software that is not powerful enough to remove the errors completely. In this situation, you need to factory reset your Samsung laptop.
3. If your laptop is running very slow, or you are facing problems like hanging, freezing, and overheating then in this situation you need to factory reset your Samsung laptop.
Because factory resetting the laptop can speed up the performance of your laptop.
4. Sometimes our laptop doesn’t have enough space in order to run normally and it is demanding enough storage to run then in this situation you need to factory reset your Samsung laptop if you want to run your laptop normally.
5. And the 5th reason is that if you lost your Samsung laptop password and are not able to recover it then you need to factory reset your Samsung laptop so you can set the password again and use your laptop.
These are the 5 possible reasons behind factory resetting your Samsung laptop.
If you face any issue among these 5 you can simply use the 3 ways to factory reset your Samsung laptop that we will mention in this article.
Now, let’s discuss the ways that you can use factory reset your Samsung laptop.
1: Factory Reset Samsung Laptop Using Hot Key:
Resetting your Samsung laptop using a Hot Key is the easiest solution. You don’t have to put much effort to reset your Samsung laptop using a Hot Key.
There are only a few steps that you have to perform in order to reset your laptop. These steps are:
- Press the F4 key(in some laptops along with the Fn key) on your laptop several times.
- Then select the laptop factory reset option.
- Click on the “start factory reset” option.
- After pressing the start factory reset option click on the “OK” option.
- Your laptop will start resetting.
- When the “laptop reset” message appears on the screen click on the “OK” button.
- Simply restart your Samsung laptop.
- Finish the process of setting up your PC.
And here you go. You have successfully reset your Samsung laptop.
2: Factory Reset Samsung Laptop Using Recovery Solution Program:
There is another method of factory resetting your Samsung laptop which is with the use of a recovery solution program. Many people also use this method.
Make sure you take backup of your data into an external hard drive, USB, or on cloud like one drive and google drive. It is necessary to take backup because you may lose your data while factory resetting your Samsung laptop.
After taking a backup of your data you have to follow these steps in order to successfully reset your laptop.
Also, make sure your laptop or PC is connected to the charger or it should have a full battery.
These are the steps of resetting the Samsung laptop using the recover solution program:
- While starting your laptop press the “ESC” key.
- You will see the recovery solution option on your computer screen.
- Simply open the recovery solution.
- Then you will see three options there which are backup, software system, and restore.
- Select the restore option.
- After that you will see the sub-option on the screen which is “computer restore”, click on it.
- After that simply click on the “computer initial status” and click on “Next”.
- And that’s it you have successfully reset your pc.
- Now, you have to wait for approximately 30 to 40 minutes because this procedure takes time and you have to take some patience. During this time your Samsung laptop will reboot many times, but you don’t have to do anything.
- When the process will finish click on the “restart” option and there you go.
Congratulations, you have successfully reset your laptop. If you face any difficulty while resetting using the recovery option you can download Samsung Recovery Solution and then follow the steps mentioned above.
3: Samsung Laptop Resetting Without Admin Password:
Apart from the other two conditions, if you lost your laptop password and are not able to recover it then you can reset your laptop and set a new one to further use a laptop.
In order to reset your Samsung laptop without an admin password you have to follow these steps:
- Press the start button in order to start your laptop.
- After that click on the power option which is on the right lower side.
- Now, click on the “Restart” option by pressing the shift key also.
- Your laptop will restart and you will see 3 options on your screen which are “Continue”, “Troubleshoot” and “Turn Off Your PC”. Click on the “troubleshoot” option.
- After that, you will see 2 options on the screen which are “restart” and “advanced settings”. Simply select the “restart” option and your PC will start the resetting process.
- This process will take some time and your PC will reboot many times as a result your Samsung laptop will be reset.
Watch Quick Video:
Factory Reset Your Samsung Laptop In Windows 7/8/10:
There are only a few steps that you have to perform in order to reset your Samsung laptop either in windows 7/8/10.
- In the search bar type “settings” and open it.
- Select the “Update & security” option.
- On the left sidebar, you will see the “recovery” option, click on it.
- Click on the “reset your pc” option.
- You will see two options here. One is to Keep My Files (it will save your data and remove all the installed applications from your pc) and the second one is to Remove Everything (it will delete everything from your pc).
- Select any option you want and proceed further.
- A popup will show on the screen which is for the confirmation of resetting your pc.
- Simply, click on the restart and wait for a few minutes until your laptop reset completely.
Final Thoughts On How To Factory Reset Samsung Laptop:
Resetting your Samsung laptop is not a difficult task if you follow the right procedure. After reading this article, we hope that you have the solution to your problem which is “how to factory reset a Samsung laptop?”.
We have discussed the 3 best methods of resetting your Samsung laptop in windows 7/8/10.
If you lost your laptop password or you are facing any kind of issue like freezing or hanging the laptop the simple solution is to factory reset it.
If you reset your laptop you will see some improvement in the performance of your laptop.
Usually, many laptop users don’t know how to factory reset the laptop but after reading this details article and reading the 3 best ways you can easily reset your Samsung laptop in a few minutes.
The simple and easiest way to reset your Samsung laptop is by using a Hot Key. But you can try the other 2 as well.