How to play Minecraft on a laptop or PC? This is the question of every gamer who wants to play Minecraft on their laptop or PC. Not everyone knows how to play Minecraft on a laptop or PC because there are several modes of this game that not every gamer know.
In this article, we will discuss how you can play Minecraft on your laptop and what are the game modes in this game. We will discuss each mode in detail so that you can easily play this on your laptop or Pc.
Are you exciting to know about “how to play Minecraft game on your laptop/pc?” Before learning how you can play Minecraft on your laptop let’s first know a little bit about Minecraft.
Read More: Cheap Laptops That Can Run Minecraft?
What is Minecraft Game:
Minecraft is a sandbox video game originally created by a Swedish programmer named Markus “Notch” Persson and later created and published by Mojang.
The creative and constructive aspects of Minecraft allow players to create textured cubes in a first-class 3D way. Other activities included in the game are gathering resources, exploring, fighting, and creating.
There are many game modes available in Minecraft, including a survival mode where the player must obtain resources to build the world and maintain health, and a creative mode where players have unlimited resources to build and fly.
And an adventure mode where players play their own maps. Other players and a spectator mode where players can fly and cut blocks, create adventure maps, or teleport to other parts of the map.
Read More: Are Razer Worth It?
In Minecraft, video game players utilize cubes to build anything they can imagine in an open world. It can be played on many different platforms, but the most famous version is Minecraft (PC/Mac).
The game has sold around 54 million units worldwide till now and is a great platform to play with your friends as well as to learn new things by building different stuff in the Minecraft world.
Minecraft is one of the most famous games on this whole planet. Millions of people play this game daily, and you undoubtedly know a few of them too.
What started as a simple sandbox game has now turned into something much more complex and interesting. With different types of servers and mods, Minecraft can be played for hours on end with little-to-no repetitiveness.
Read More: How Many Watts Does A Gaming PC Use?
Now let’s discuss how you can play the Minecraft game on your laptop as a beginner.
Steps To Play Minecraft On Laptop or PC:
There are a few steps that you have to follow to play the Minecraft game they are mentioned below:
- Open your browser and go to https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download.
- Click the green Download button on the page to purchase the game and download it to your computer.
- Run minecraft_server.exe and select eula=true at the bottom of eula.txt, then click Save and Close to accept the license agreement.
- Click Edit Profile in the Minecraft Launcher, uncheck all checkboxes, then click save the profile.
- Launch a new instance of Minecraft using that profile, then close the game after Minecraft has finished downloading its most recent version.
- Create a folder in your Minecraft directory called mods for Forge mods (for example, C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods).
- Modifications to Minecraft are accomplished via Forge API library files that are downloaded separately from the game itself. Each individual mod file is called a Forge mod and contains all of the code necessary to run properly with other mods installed on your system without conflict.
Visit https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods, which houses all available mods for the most recent versions of each operating system.
Read More: Are Chromebooks Good For Gaming?
Frequently Asked Questions:
What does Minecraft Pocket Edition Mean?
Minecraft — Pocket Edition is a structured, 3D sandbox game that can be played on iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Amazon devices.
Minecraft Pocket Edition (or Minecraft PE for short) is essentially the same game as the mobile version of the original game.
The mobile game copied the format of the original to a remarkable degree, and this fact has made it incredibly popular. Created in Sweden by Marcus “Notch” Persson, Minecraft was originally intended for PC but ended up being created as an Xbox 360 exclusive.
Despite dealing with Microsoft he quickly saw that putting Minecraft on consoles could be compatible with letting people play it on their phones if he created something specifically for phones.
Minecraft Pocket Edition was first released on the iOS platform in 2011. The Android version came more than a year later, in November 2012.
In fact, shortly after IOS users got access to the app, Minecraft Pocket Edition became the top free app for the iPad. It was an amazing accomplishment that quickly made it clear to the world that this game was going to be a hit.
How To Play Minecraft With Friends On Laptop/PC?
Minecraft is a fun, interactive game. But some players have never taken the opportunity to play with their friends. This is where multiplayer mod comes in.
A Multiplayer mod can turn one player’s world into a multiplayer server. Friends just need to download the mod as well and they can access your world and create a new character or join your current one.
- First, you’ll need to configure your network settings.
- Open up your control panel, then head over to “Network and Internet” and click on “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Then, select “change adapter settings” in the left-hand menu, then right-click on your connection and select “Properties”.
- Click on the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” setting and click the “Properties” button.
- Next, click the radio button next to “Use the following IP address” then enter an IP address that is likely to be free (such as 192.168.0.2).
Once you’ve configured your network settings, it’s time for the fun part: installing Minecraft! Just click here and follow these steps:
- Press Enter
- Click Install Now
- Wait a few minutes for the installation to complete
- When prompted by a pop-up message, press OK.
How To Play Minecraft Creative Mode On Laptop/PC?
Creative mode is one of the main game modes in Minecraft. It is where you are given the ability to fly and every item in the game (including items that are unobtainable in Survival mode) with no restrictions or limitations.
The only exception is that you cannot break bedrock. In this game mode, you have unlimited resources to build with and are able to fly as well as destroy blocks instantly.
The creative mode is made for people who like to build a lot, but don’t want to be disturbed by the monsters. Your main goal in creative mode is to create and destroy structures made of blocks. It’s an easy game mode to play with your friends.
Creative mode in Minecraft allows you to play without having any goals or limitations. Instead of playing by gathering resources and fighting off enemies, you can simply explore your world and create whatever you want. To play “creative” mode:
- Click the “Multiplayer” button on the main screen.
- Click “Add Server”.
- Type in the server name as “Creative Mode”.
- Type in the IP address as “mc-server-1.megacrafting.com”.
- Click on your new server name and then click “Join Server”.
- You are now in the Creative Mode!
How To Play Minecraft Survival Mode On Laptop/PC?
Before discussing how to play the survival mode of Minecraft let’s first discuss what survival mode is actually.
Survival Mode is a game mode in Minecraft, where players must gather resources, build buildings, fight crowds, manage hunger and explore the country in order to survive.
If I were a new player, I would try to get wood as soon as possible (even if it’s nighttime) because without wood you can’t make tools or a house. Then I would try to make a crafting table so I could make better tools.
When you first start out, you will want to make a wooden pickaxe, then a stone pickaxe, and then an iron one (you can also make a diamond one later on).
Once you have made these tools you can start exploring the world and getting other resources like coal, iron ore, and diamond ore.
After this, it’s important to find food because when your hunger level drops too low your health will begin to decrease. The easiest way to find food is by killing pigs and cows but don’t kill all of them because they will be very useful to you later on (don’t kill chickens either).
You should also check for villages as they usually have farms that have wheat which can be used to make bread (which replenishes hunger quickly).
Steps for playing Minecraft Survival Mode:
- Craft a crafting table
- Make a pickaxe
- Gather wood
- Get food
- Punch some trees
- Craft a chest
- Craft a bed
- Explore your surroundings
How To Play Minecraft Classic On Laptop/PC?
Minecraft Classic is a free multiplayer online game where you can create and play your own world. The Minecraft Classic has a menu option called “Play Classic” on the main screen.
It is no longer available for download, having been replaced with a version based on the current single-player version of the game. However, you can still play it using archived files. Simply follow these instructions to start playing Minecraft classic today.
1) Find the original Minecraft .exe file (this will be in your Downloads folder if you downloaded it from the official Minecraft website). This can also be found on your computer if you’ve saved it in a different place.
2) Select the “Properties” by right-clicking on the file.
3) In “Properties”, go to “Run” and select “Compatibility Mode”.
4) Next to “Run this program as an administrator.” check the box.
5) Click “OK” at the bottom of the screen, then close out of everything else.
6) Go back into your Downloads folder and open up your new .exe file. This will automatically launch Minecraft Classic!.
How Can You Get Minecraft On Your Laptop/PC?
Getting Minecraft for your laptop is a process that’s easy for anyone who has gone through the process of downloading any other kind of application—and if you’ve never done this before, don’t worry! It all takes less than 5 minutes. Here’s how:
Note: You’ll need Java installed before you can get Minecraft to run properly on your laptop so make sure you have that before you begin.
1. Open the Minecraft website (Minecraft.net)
2. Click on Download
3. Select the “Download” button again
4. Wait for the download to finish (this may take a few minutes)
5. Double-click the Minecraft icon when it appears on your desktop–or navigate to your downloads folder and open it from there.
Is Playing Minecraft Free on a Laptop/PC?
Is Minecraft free on a laptop is a question that a lot of people are asking these days. This is because the game has become so popular that many people have started to download it for free on their computers.
Yes, Minecraft is free on a laptop/pc. The game can be downloaded and registered on the official Minecraft website, after which the user will receive a 30-day free trial. This trial can be extended by logging into your Minecraft account online once per 24 hours.
After this trial period has expired, if you choose to continue playing the game, you must purchase it.
However, if you want to download the full version, then you will need to pay a small fee. The cost is minimal and it will only cost you around $26 or so.
This is very reasonable considering what you are getting in return. You will be able to play this game for as long as you like without having to worry about paying anything else.
Is Minecraft Good For Kids?
Yes, Minecraft is a wonderful game for children that can be played on almost all devices. It is important to note that you should use parental controls and set up an account for your child that does not allow them to buy other games without your consent.
Your child will learn how to build things, solve problems and be creative in this virtual world with their avatar.
There are many other options for playing Minecraft as well including multiplayer servers so they can interact with others or just play by themselves.
Minecraft has been known to help children who have Autism or ADHD because it allows them to focus on the task at hand rather than being distracted by everything else around them.
For one, Minecraft gives kids the chance to interact with other kids online. They’re able to have social interactions in a safe environment. And because they’re working together to build things, they learn cooperation.
How Old Kid Can Play Minecraft?
There’s no specific age required to play Minecraft. However, parents should observe their children and decide whether or not the game is appropriate for them.
Kids as young as 5 years old can play Minecraft, but the game is not recommended for children under the age of 7. While Minecraft is a fun game, it features fighting and monsters that can be frightening to young children.
In addition, the game has an online component called Realms in which players can interact with each other. This feature is not recommended for kids under 13 because of the risk of online predators.
However, if your child is older than 7 but younger than 13 and wants to play Minecraft with friends, you can create a “whitelist” that allows only certain people to join your child’s Realms server. The whitelist will allow your child to interact only with trusted friends and family members.
Reasons Why Minecraft is Bad for kids?
There are many reasons why Minecraft is bad for children and teens.
- First, playing the game can lead to aggressive behavior which is not good. Some people who have played Minecraft have gone on to commit crimes ranging from vandalism to rape.
- Second, there are many ways in which the game’s creators promote violence.
- Third, playing the game can cause health problems such as obesity and depression.
- Fourth, playing this type of game can negatively impact a child’s social development. Children who play these types of games do not develop empathy or social skills that they will need as adults.
- Fifth, some parents think that playing these types of games will help their children learn how to be more creative thinkers because it requires them to use imagination but this is not true. The game teaches children how to build things with blocks instead of using their imagination which leads to less creative thinking skills in adulthood.
Is Minecraft Good For Your Brain?
In a friendly tone: It’s true that Minecraft has all sorts of educational value to offer, whether you’re playing the game with your kids or they’re playing on their own.
The online game encourages creativity, as well as teamwork and cooperation. It’s a good way to hone problem-solving skills and learn how to work through frustration.
It even has an element of social studies, in that players need to figure out how to build structures and environments with certain resources.
1. Minecraft is great for your brain
- It improves problem-solving skills and spatial reasoning.
- The building aspect requires creativity and a can-do attitude. It teaches you to think outside the box and try new things.
- The combat aspect requires quick reflexes, strategy, and dexterity.
2. Minecraft is good for socializing and interacting with other people, especially in a team environment or on a server like minecraftclassic.com.
Bottom Line of Playing Minecraft On Laptop/PC:
Minecraft is a fantastic option for those students who want to play games at school or at home. There are several options available when it comes to playing this game, but the PC/Laptop remains the best one because it offers more flexibility and variety than the others.
Whether you’re a fan of Minecraft or simply looking for some fun games to play, consider downloading Minecraft on your laptop.
As the game is relatively simple, the time that you have to spend looking for ways to play the game will be significantly reduced.
However, if you are planning on playing Minecraft on PC at work or school, see if your network allows such activities as some schools block programs often used by gamers like TeamViewer.
We have discussed everything about Minecraft in this game, what are their pros & cons now it’s up to you whether you want to play this game or not on your laptop.
After reading this detailed article about Minecraft, we hope that you will be able to play it on your laptop or pc.