Laptops run only when they get a power supply either in the form of a charging adapter or laptop battery. But what if you don’t have a charger to charge your laptop or you have a charger that is broken recently or does not able to charge your laptop.
In this situation, the first question that comes into your mind is how to charge a laptop without a charger?. There are plenty of options to charge your laptop if your laptop charger is not working or it’s broken.
In this article, we will discuss one way of charging your laptop which is charging the laptop with a Tv. Many people are aware of this method but don’t know how they can exactly charge their laptop with a Tv.
Charging your laptop with Tv is a good option for you if you don’t have a charge. You can borrow a charger from your buddy but it’s not the permanent solution. Let us tell you the permanent solution for charging your laptop if your charger is broken, or damaged.
Read More: How Many Watts Laptop Use While Charging?
Easy Steps To Charge Your Laptop With TV:
Charging your laptop with Tv is the best and coolest possible way. In order to charge your laptop with Tv you have to follow the method mentioned below:
- First of all, find the USB Port on your tv, it will either be on the back side of the tv or on the right side of the tv.
- After locating the port on your tv, you have to insert the USB cable of your laptop which comes with it.
- Next, you have to locate the charging port of your laptop which will be on the left or right side of the laptop depending on the model.
- When you found the port on your laptop then insert the other side of the USB cable on it(one side inserted on the tv).
- After that, turn on both the tv and laptop. You will see your laptop will start charging immediately.
That’s it, you are done with charging your laptop with the tv. But wait that’s not the end, you have to read the full article in order to know the additional information related to charging a laptop with a tv.
Is It Safe To Charge Laptop With Tv?:
A question might come into your mind when you are charging your laptop using the tv. So, let us answer this question in detail.
It is safe to charge your laptop with a tv as long as you are doing any kind of mistake while charging. Using the correct adapter for charging the laptop with the tv is necessary, if you use the wrong adapter to charge your laptop that is not compatible then it might damage your laptop or tv.
It is also necessary to use the adapter that correct amperage and output voltage. If you are not sure which adapter you should use then we recommend you to contact your laptop manufacturer and ask them which adapter you should use to charge your laptop.
After getting the right adapter you have to connect it with both tv and laptop and your laptop will start charging. The only downside of this method is that it takes longer than using an external battery or wall charger.
This is because laptops require more power than TVs, so if you try to charge your laptop from a TV and nothing happens, check the voltage on the laptop’s charger. If it isn’t between 18 volts and 20 volts, then the voltage is too low to charge your laptop with a TV.
You may also have an issue with the wattage of your TV outlet. For example, if your TV has an outlet with 110 watts of power and your laptop requires 220 watts of power, then it won’t work unless you use a transformer that can step down the voltage to 110 watts.
Things To Know Before Charging Laptop With TV:
There are a few things that you should keep in your mind when you are going to charge your laptop with a Tv.
- First, make sure that your tv is on standby mode or turned off while you are charging your laptop.
- Second, it is recommended that while charging the laptop with tv try to avoid using it during charging in order to get fast charging. If you use your laptop while charging your laptop could overheat.
- Finally, don’t forget to unplug the adapter and disconnect your laptop from the laptop when you have finished charging.
These are the few things that you should keep in mind when you are charging your laptop with a tv. By following these tips you will be able to safely charge your laptop with the tv without harming both the laptop and tv.
Also keep in mind, that charging your laptop with an adapter, or HDMI cable is not recommended every time. You can use only them when you don’t have the charger for the laptop.
The adapter and HDMI cables are not powerful as your laptop charger, no doubt they will charge your laptop but if you are using them for a long time they could harm your laptop battery. So, try to avoid using them for a long time.
Benefits of Charging Laptop With Tv:
Here are some of the benefits that you will get by charging your laptop with a TV:
1) It is very cheap to charge your laptop from a TV compared to buying a new battery for your laptop.
2) You will not have to worry about losing data if anything happens to your battery due to overcharging.
3) You can use it even when you don’t have any power source nearby.
4) Charging your laptop with a tv gives you more time to do other things, such as watch television shows or movies or even play video games.
5) When you are traveling or staying in remote areas where there is no electricity supply, you can use this method to charge your battery.
6) If you are working on a project or presentation and your laptop needs to be charged you can simply charge it.
Things That Can Damage Your Laptop Charging It With Tv:
There are a few things that can damage your laptop if you are charging it with the tv. Try to be careful in these situations.
1. Wrong Type of Adapter: using the wrong type of adapter can damage your laptop. Keep in mind all the adapters are not created equal. Try to always use the correct adapter when you are going to charge your laptop with the tv.
2. Damaged Ports: Another issue that you can face is that you might damage your ports either on the tv or laptop while you are attempting to charge the laptop. Be careful when you are connecting or disconnecting the cables into ports.
3. Overcharging the Laptop: Overcharging is the enemy of battery, not only the battery of a laptop but also any kind of battery which is could be a mobile, tablet, etc. Try to plug out the adapter when your laptop charging is full. When your battery level reaches 100% immediately unplug the adapter.
4. Settings are not Correct: Some TVs have settings when you are charging your laptop with them. We recommend you always check the tv manual if there are any special considerations, if there are you should be aware of them.
By following these tips you can easily save your laptop from any damage.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to charge my laptop with the TV?
There are a few methods that you can use to charge your laptop with the tv. These are by using the Ac adapter, by using the USB cable, or by using the HDMI cable.
Can I use an HDMI cable to charge my laptop?
Yes, you can use an HDMI cable in order to charge your laptop with the tv. Most of the newer laptops come with an HDMI cable. You can simply connect the HDMI cable to your tv. An Ac adapter is required to charge a laptop with HDMI.
Do you need a special cord to charge laptop with TV?
No, there is no need for a special cord in order to charge your laptop with the tv. You can use a USB cable, Ac adapter, or HDMI cable to charge your laptop with the tv. At least one thing among these 3 comes with your laptop.
How can i charge my laptop faster?
There are some tips that you can follow in order to charge your laptop faster:
- Turn off the laptop entirely.
- Disable all the outer connections.
- Try to use the main power adapter that comes with your laptop.
- Turn on the battery-saving mode.
- Try to keep your battery in good health.
- Try to keep the laptop cool, make sure the laptop cooling fan is running, You can also use laptop cooling pads to cool down the laptop.
Can I use my laptop while charging?
Yes, you can use your laptop while charging, if you want to do some urgent work then you can use it while charging, but we recommend that try to avoid using a laptop while charging because your laptop will overheat and you may feel slow charging.
Why is my laptop not charging?
There could be many reasons that your laptop is not charging these reasons are your software malfunction, power cord issue, or declining battery health. Also, there might be other reasons but these are the most popular reasons why your laptop is not charging.
Bottom Line of How To Charge Laptop With TV:
After reading this in-depth article we hope that you will be able to charge your laptop with the tv. You are not able to only charge the laptop with a tv but also you know the additional information related to charging a laptop with a tv.
We have mentioned which precautions you should follow when you charge your laptop with a tv, and which mistakes can harm your laptop while charging it with a tv.
So, in the end, charging your laptop with the tv is a coles option when you don’t have a laptop charger. After following the steps that we have mentioned above you can easily charge your laptop with the tv.